Saturday 19 October 2013

Almost There......

after months of mess....


The last few weeks have been exhausting. Both mentally and physically. I think the toll of having constant people working in my home for months on end is finally getting to me. Don't get me wrong they are respectful and pleasant , but there is no space and endless mess and noise. We had a couple of very late nights recitifying a problem that the tiler created to rescue our lovely floor tiles. Thankfully it all turned out ok, but it is not an experience I want to repeat. 

I keep thinking we must be coming to the end and then I write a list of all the jobs yet to be done and I can see it lasting another 6 weeks yet! The finish on the job is not quite what we want it to be yet.

BUT......

the kitchen is in

and it is everything I hoped it would be and more.

However, we are now resolving a few issues and getting doors put in, skirting fixed, sills painted etc. So it still looks a little like a building site. 

Pearl is in and working and we have had our first Aga breakfast this weekend. A real treat after 7 months of cooking on one ring!


We have also got our TV signal back as we have been without that since the scaffolding went up 4 months ago. I've not really missed it and the kids have watched the odd DVD if they have wanted some down time. We lost our internet for a while too ( hence the lack of posts) - this stressed me out more than no tv!

Despite feeling exhausted and like we have a mountain to climb to finish this job off properly I remind myself daily how lucky we are really and how lovely this is going to be. There are so many in this world who live with nothing so I try not to complain too often.

There will be kitchen pictures very soon - I am just waiting on the finishing jobs to be completed!



Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's great news! So pleased for you - it's been a long old haul but hang on in there...you're on the homeward run by the sound of it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril! I think because the finishing line is in sight I am getting annoyed at every little thing that goes wrong or takes too long now! Am longing for some time to myself !

      Delete
  2. It's good to 'hear from you' Claire! These things are always stressful and always take longer than anticipated but as you say it's going to be really lovely and you're a very lucky lady! Can't wait to see the pics! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt bereft without the internet - couldn't read anyones blogs either! Picked up a few bars on my phone when I was out occasionally, but it made me realise that I am a little bit dependent on t'internet! Am going to catch up with everyones blogs this week, put my earphones on and ignore the builders. I'm only working 2 days so hopefully a bit of a slower week to catch up! Pictures coming soon! X

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see it! Oh how I would love a new kitchen but it would take so much more than that as I would want to change layout and walls would need knocking down, so it won't ever happen till we win the lottery so I shall live my dreams through yours, so excited for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it - not quite finished yet, but almost there! We are getting proper meals again now thank goodness!! X

      Delete
  4. I've noticed your absence! Glad to hear that it's coming to an end. I know it will be beautiful, but I'm sure it was a real trial living through the work - I can't begin to imagine cooking with just two rings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen - We lost our connection completely for about a week , then it was so intermittent I could only go on the laptop for about 2 mins before it threw me off again. Eventually we realised that the router and a damaged wire ( builders!) were to blame. The work is in it's final stages - It has been hard work, but then I think I am pretty soft really and people cope with real trials every day of their lives so I then shut up :) ! It is sooooooo good to have something good to cook on again though - happy girl! X

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to the pictures Claire.....well worth the wait I'd say:) Have a lovely week!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you are nearly there! Cannot wait to see the finished pics! x

    ReplyDelete